I am in need of a camcorder.

We have a major trip coming up to WDW in a couple of weeks. My youngest son (9) has just finished radiation treatments for a brain tumor. He is doing well so far and with prayers and love he will make it through all of this. This is why I need a good camcorder. So many choices out there.
I can't really afford the really expensive but I don't want the cheap either. HD or not HD? I talked to a guy at BEST BUY but I am still confused. I want the most bang for my buck. Something with good video, good audio, able to download and burn to a disk..all that stuff.

Can any of you tech savy ladies give me recommendations on some? Thanks so much!

Alamama

Asked by Alamama at 6:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Technology

• Honestly, I would check craigslist and best buy. those are probably going to be your cheapest bets.
    LoveMyPoliceMan

Answer by LoveMyPoliceMan at 6:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I think the Flip camera is good and inexpensive.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I looked at the Flip but it does not have good zoom capability. Really good for little you tube type clips they said. I read the Kim Kamando article on them but she really does not say which one is better than another. Thinking of just going the Handycam way, but like I said..HD or not HD..that is the question! lol
    Alamama

Comment by Alamama (original poster) at 9:42 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• panasonic is a cheap brand. and the less memory a camera has, the cheaper it will be. HD is good to have so your videos don't look blocky. check out best buy, wal-mart, maybe even target.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I wound up looking on Amazon and got a great deal on a JVC. I liked being able to read the reviews of people who have used them.
    Alamama

Comment by Alamama (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011