Can a president pardon a murderer?

Just curious.

I think it would be okay to pardon someone who killed someone because they found out they were molesting their kid. ( They should still be punished but not for life in prison or anything)

Also I think the 8 yr old would deserve to be pardoned.

Just my thoughts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• There are laws in place to protect both the 'innocent' and guilty. If we start saying some people can murder but others can't, we are opening ourselves up to a huge disaster. Yes, a president and governor can pardon and can grant stay of executions, but they don't unless they have a very good political reason to do so. Look up Illinois' history on this.
    Gilagirl

Answer by Gilagirl at 5:24 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• They can but I'm sure some things come into play.
    Anonymous

• im sure most people are pardoned with out the president on cases like that ..
    Anonymous

• I PERSONALLY DONT THINK ANYONE SHOULD GET PARDONED THEIR IN THEIR FOR A REASON. AND THEY SHOULD PAY FOR THAT. WHATEVER IT WAS WHETHER IS WAS MURDER, RAPE OR ROBBERY.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• MommaBear1129, not everyone who is in jail should be there. The are miscarriages of justice everyday.
    There was a pardon that I think was highly deserved but again has been looked over to satisfy cronism. Thanks for nothin' W.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 5:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• The families of the murder victim deserve justice and that justice is handed down by a jury. I think murderers and predators should go to the head of the line and be put to death. Fast and swift. Stop all these appeals and delays. They should be followed by rapists. And, if you happen to commit multiple crimes then do not pass go, do not waste our money.
    Anonymous

• anon 6:32. when convicted by overwehleming evidence and/or DNA , then I totally agree with you.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 6:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Mommabear, would you kill someone to protect your child? And would you then deserve life without parole in prison for defending your loved ones? Think before you say things like that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

That isnt considered murder.  That is self defense for someone that cant defend themselves-perfectly legal. 

NathansmomEmmie

Answer by NathansmomEmmie at 12:48 AM on Nov. 26, 2008