How to stop stretch marks !!!! help im only 25 weeks and i dont want them

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 6:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• try to gain weight slowly. Watch your diet.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Well, don't waste your money on any of those "anti-stretch mark" lotions, that's for sure. Straight and simple, it's mostly genetics. You either get them, or you don't. Look at the women in your family, do they have them? If they do, odds are you will too, and no amount of lotioning up will stop it. It depends on the elasticity of your skin, mostly. Nothing wrong with staying moisturized, it can't hurt, but it will not prevent them from showing up if you're genetically predisposed to them, believe me.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i am adopted i dont know my family history
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• LOTION! Everyday apply a cocoa butter lotion to tummy, sides, breasts... anywhere you would get them. And try to gain weight at a gradual, slow but steady pace. right now, about 1 lb a week is the suggested weight gain, unless you are underweight, then maybe 2 lbs is ok. Also, keep excersizing and stretching your muscles.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 6:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Actually, there's not much you can do about it except keep the skin supple. If you are going to get them, you are going to get them. Vitamin E oil is probably the best. You want to keep the skin from getting too tight or dry. Watch what you eat so that you don't gain too much weight at once. And, when you have the baby, you will lose those inches right away: another way to get stretch marks. It's life.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 6:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Try to stay moisterized. When your tummy begins to itch, do not scratch, put lotion on. But as the PP said if you are going to get them you will get them. Doesn't matter how much u try to prevent them. Good luck!! I have them all the way up to my ribs, it didn't matter how much lotion I put on, etc. I was just so small before getting pregnant the first time (95lbs and 5 foot tall) and I got so big tummy wise, there was no stopping them.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i am not gaining weight really at all its all the baby and the tummy going out i was 115 at the start and im 120 now so its not like im eating crazy and gettting fat
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Neither was I. I didn't get stretch marks until my 8th month.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• they are genetic...you can try moisturizers..that basically keeps the itching down when you start stretching...there's no way to prevent them completely.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i just got my first stretch mark, i am 37.5 weeks. i used the tummy butter like crazy, if it works or not i dont know, but i keep moisturized like crazy. good luck
    new_mom_2011

Answer by new_mom_2011 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2011