What was your first job? Did you love it or hate it?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 6:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• I worked as a bookeeper in a Bank while I went to college and sometimes as a summer vacation replacement for employees at the BAnk who were on vacation. I loved it. In fact when I left college,I got a full time job back there again and a big raise. LOVED it!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I worked in a pizza place. I loved it and worked through high school and passed in the same job. I still have some of the best friends I met from working there.
    BrynlysMommy

Answer by BrynlysMommy at 6:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Worked for a pharmaceutical company, it was a grind.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My first job was as a babysitter (typical, I know), but I loved it - for about 2 yrs; the husband was a big time fire captain and his wife was a SAHM - whenever they went out, they asked me to come over early to feed the boys (they had 3) and keep them occupied while they got ready. The wife was always glamorously dressed and the fire captain was a hunk. I felt like I was at the Oscars when I watched them come downstairs. It was a great job; the boys were great, the pay was AWESOME for a 12 year old and it was across the alley from where i lived - so I could always call my Mom if sometthing unusual cropped up. Plus, it taught me some responsibility, and provided good money; I have some really fond memories of that time.
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 1:02 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I worked at Skyline Chili as a waitress and I loved it at first, it was fast paced and it was a new restaurant so I made a lot for a sixteen year old
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 1:27 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I was a receptionist at a mental health agency...I loved it...but they had to let me go :-( no money
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• At 15 in high school i got a job as a waitress,but because i was underage i made only half the regular wage at the time.Sucked so i got 2 jobs ,that job and burger king ugh!I would go to school from 7 am to noon,then 1st job till 5pm then burger king from 5:30 to 11:00pm.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 11:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I worked at a grocery store in my home town.. I LOVED it. I would go back in a heart beat if my boss would pay me more then $8.00
    jenlou9686

Answer by jenlou9686 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2011