Who butts in more - your mom or your mother-in-law?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 6:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• my mom! I lived with her for the first year and a half of my son's life so it seemed like I could do nothing right as a mother. When it comes to kids and stuff, my mother in law, was in the same boat I am so she's always super supportive and is always telling me how great of a job I'm doing.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 6:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My mom...she is the biggest buttinginer I have ever met. (Like my new word that I made up?) She tries, but I have laid down the law and told her to butt out enough that she doesn't do it as much anymore.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• neither. I would tell them to mind their own.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My mother in law. I can tell her a billion times to get out of our business, but that just makes me the "bad guy" since DH rarely backs me up.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 7:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• my mom
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I never met my MIL (she died like 7 years before I met DH), so between those, my mother. But, FIL tries to butt in more...through MY mom. It's weird.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My mil. She knows everything. Duh?
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My mother god love her but she acts like I still live with her and it should be her way I have to remind her I have my own house with my own rules and run it my way. My mother in law never buts in she only wants to be the grandma.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My Mom for sure! Always has to know every single thing! RRR sometimes it bugs me so bad!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 8:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My mom passed away 23 years ago, but if she was still alive I would still say my MIL. SHe dosnt say things to me but she does to DH
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011