Would you send a bday card to make a stranger's day?

My MIL is divorced and lives in a small one bed room apartment with her 80 year old father. She doesn't have very much money at all, and is very lonley. She recently went to the library and posted this on facebook, Please note that she is disabled, she is bi-polar and manic-depressive and also has severe headaches everyday from small vessel disease in her brain.so she can not work. She does what she can to take care of her dad, I know she put some lavish gifts on there but I am only looking for a few cards for her, so please don't take it the wrong way :

Sunday, March 27 at 11:30pm
PLEASE SHARE MY BIRTHDAY WISH WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND ASK THEM TO SHARE IT WITH ALL THEIR FRIENDS. Never done... this before so I am excited to see how it will work...... I am sending out invites to let people know I will be 43 years old next Sunday, March 27. I am wanting to see how many loving and caring people will be so kind to send me a Birthday card. I will be sure to copy and post all of them on my facebook page as I receive them. If a wish can really come true then there are a few things I would like to get for my birthday. One is a treadmill by "Nordic Track" so I can work on losing weight to help boost my self-esteem and energy level so I will be able to keep up with my 2 year old grandson. And I would love to have an Ipad2 because people tell me they are great. I would love to be able to see how great they are for myself. And if a wish could really really really really come thue then there is one more thing that I would love to have and it is a beautiful candy apple red 2011 MX-5 Miata. I have a copy of the car listed as my profile picture. It's truly the coolest car ever. But if anyone wants to make a donation, it would be greatly appreciated and the donations would go toward me a Nordic Track Treadmill. My mailing address is P.O. Box 2366 Hazard, Ky. I also love beautiful silk flowers to put throughout my little one bedroom apartment. Thanks and I hope everyone has a great and safe week. Debbie Eversole

So maybe to make her day some of you ladies would send her a card and make her feel special?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think this is a load of crap.
    Anonymous

• Honestly No, it isn't crap. I am just trying to get some bday cards for my MIL. She is very lonley and something like that would mean the world to her. She is very intriged by the kindness of strangers and really believes there are still some good people out there. If you don't want to send one that is fine. But it is far from crap. I know there has to be some nice ladies on here who will, and thats all I was going for.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Well, it's one thing to send a birthday card, but she's asking for donations for some pretty big things.... That to me is a little crass. It just sounds like she's asking for money/gifts more than anything else...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I think that the world has gone to crap for the most part. The truely nice peopel are few and far between. I will forever hold onto the belief that there are still good people out there. If I could make someones day by taking 5 minutes of my time to put a card in the mail for a stranger then that is what I will do! She can count on getting a card from me!
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I'll send one.... how could it hurt to send a card?
    knappkin

Answer by knappkin at 7:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Thanks to those of you who are going to send cards. I know it will really make her happy. Thanks so much!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Before I fully read your post I thought you meant an elderly person...but I am the same age as your MIL and I would never put out a request for strangers to send me b-day cards. But that's just me.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2011