Tired of ppl making u feel like a bad mom

this is more of a vent than a question.. i know my kids arent bad kids.. but i know that they are not perfect either and will sometimes do bad things... but im sick and tired of ppl constantly pointing out their imperfections ... my friend said to me earlier.. well MY SON never does anything liek that ... so he may be turning out bad... wtf... all kids are not perfect i know mine are not but i do discipline and am tired of making me feel like im raising degenerates... anyone with me ?

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm lucky enough to only have one idiot like that in my life...No matter what I or 3 of my children do, we are wrong...however, my oldest, can do no wrong in her eyes...no matter what he does...and yes, she is the only person in the world who can make me feel like a failure as a mother, even though I know I'm not. So, I limit my contact with her when I can.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• One of my kids has adhd so I know what it's like to have people judge him and my parenting. I've learned to not let what other people think bother me. I know I do the best that I can in raising my kids but I'm not perfect, neither are they and that's OKAY! I try to surround myself with positive and supportive people. And I make a habit of complimenting other people on their kid's accomplishments and not bashing them. Anyone who is critical or judgmental isn't worth your time.
    cege

Answer by cege at 7:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No kids is perfect. BUT... it depends on how you correct their behavior and let them know what they did wrong. Depending on age of course. Time outs and taking items from them until they can be more respectful may be what u'r friend is talking about, like if they misbehave while you all are out playing and whatever happens happens and u just sit there shaking your head and screaming at them instead of going up and setting them down to a tell me what u did wrong and a time out to boot. ( don;t get me wrong) alot of this doesnt help but and not saying u do, but spanking and yelling only teaches them to hit and be verbally abusive to others..... ( bullyin).
    That might be what she is talking about or maybe that her kids wouldn't dare run around McDonalds inside screaming and etc...lol
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 7:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• so what are you kids doing?
    Anonymous

• I totally agree....It is really irritating when other parents point out "bad behavior" in some one elses child. When my son misbehaves I KNOW he is acting rotten, I am upset and embarassed enough as it is, I don't need any one to point it out to me. I will handle my own child. THANK YOU!
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I Understand completely!!! I even "broke up" with a best friend of 20 years because of things she was saying about my kids. Why do people think it's OK to judge someone else? We do our best..... So my daughter snubbed her at the bowling ally when she was in 8th grade..... get over it! She was still telling other moms how awful me daughter was 3 years later. OK, my son had a 12" mohawk for three years... It's only hair, Who Cares? When one parent asked me about it, my answer was..... "At least I can see his handsome face." He did have this long pointed hair "thing" going down over his face. I choose to battle over the big things and let go of the little ones. My kids are now grown and I think they turned out pretty well.... even though I was such a BAD parent. I wish I could say it will change but someone always thinks they know better. You're the mom..... I'm sure you do your best. Good Luck.
    knappkin

Answer by knappkin at 7:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have six kids. Two of them are adults now. Never had anybody do that to me.
    Anonymous

• I totally agree and really get annoyed when people talk about all of the A++++ things their kids do and
    heaven forbid any negativity come out of their perfect Kids. I would say mine are Perfectly normal.
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I've not had anyone tell me that.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011