Looking for a natural cure for nail fungus

Do you know of a natural cure for nail fungus? A friend of mine took the prescription medication that her doctor gave her and it didn't help.

Onmyown2727

Asked by Onmyown2727 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Health

• tea tree oil?
    Anonymous

• I noticed when I got a foot bath at a beauty shop in preparation for a pedicure, the extra vigorous water stream knocked out some of it. If I had more money, I would have kept going, trimming my toe nails every time to get more and more of it out.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 7:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Okay, this is going to sound TOTALLY wrong, and I wasn't pregnant or breastfeeding when I did it, but it worked.

I filed off the outer layer of the nail (thinned it). Then, I rubbed wet Comet on top of the nail and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then, took a shower and let it slowly rinse off.

I did a one more time a few months later.

Fungus. Gone.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Oh, but that wouldn't be natural at all, huh? Just easy.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• my very first thought was tea tree oil but I would have to look it up to verify it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Here are a few ideas from Dr. Oz's website:
    1. soak foot in 1 cup vinegar and 2 cups water
    2. soak foot in thyme oil and water
    3. rub on Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. soak foot in 1/2 cup bleach and 1 gallon water for 10 minutes, 3 times a week
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• you can soak in equal parts of peroxide, alochol,vinegar.....also i know you can take a dropper and apply drops of bleach
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 8:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Good answers. This is something I've been wondering about. I have fungus on one toenail, I named it my Evil Toenail.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 11:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Tea tree and lavender essential oils.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 4:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My husband get's the toe nail fungus and we put Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar on it, and it clears up. Just dab some on a cotton ball and apply to the affected areas for a couple of days. Hope this helps!
    mordicaberry

Answer by mordicaberry at 10:12 AM on Mar. 23, 2011