• In the Spotlight:

Do you REALLY make the best of what you have?

Thinking about this time to give Thanks, I starting asking myself, do I really make the most of what I have? Do you ever feel like you start to dwell on the small stuff? What do you do to snap out of it and remember the good things?

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 5:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• As terrible as it sounds I watch sad things that remind me of what I do have.
    A good one that I watch is Extream Home Makover their stories are always so touching that I thank God for my home and my healthy happy family.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• What do you do to snap out of it and remember the good things?I simply remain mindful of the present moment. I remember that everything is impermanent and worldly things are just that, of this world and not meant to bring happiness or suffering. I enjoy what's to be "enjoyed" in the present moment and "suffer "what's to be suffered in the present moment. I do not cling to good or have revulsion to bad. I know " this too shall pass" good or bad, and simply enjoy being in the present moment.

Easy 'nuff lol

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 6:26 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I do find myself dwelling, but at the end of the day i know im way better off than most my age. It def takes effort to acknowlegde the good and thank God.
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Focous on what you DO have, not the quality of it or what you dont have. Be gratefull your alive and live where you do, and not some 3rd world country where people are being killed or starved or have no house to live in. Focous on the good.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I know I don't always remember to appreciate all I have. At the end of the day though, I pray and thank God for the blessings on my family. You just have to remind yourself every day. And slow down and enjoy moments, that helps too.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Yes I really make the best of what I do have. I've been through things I don't wish on anyone. I surrender my life to Gods will. I'm not of this world just passing by. :)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 2:08 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I TRY to. I know I have a lot to be thankful for. Sometimes I get a bit depressed because I'm not working and I'm not making any money to help with our expenses and I wish we had MORE. But when those thoughts start to bring me down I take a little inventory check. My kids are healthy, we're all healthy, we all get along great, we DO have a lot of nice stuff, too much sometimes (lol), we have plenty of food, etc. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all that I have been blessed with!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:20 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I look for people less fortunate than I am.

My 30 year-old kitchen appliances get me down, and right now we don't have the money to update them. But when my dishwasher leaves food on the dishes, or the stove burner turns off in the middle of dinner because the connection is corroded, I remind myself that some people's kitchen is a wood fire, and their dishwasher is a bucket of contaminated water. Then I don't mind, and am so thankful to my husband for working so hard to provide a nice home for me and the kids.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 1:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i may not have much and we struggle daily but the lord is always on my mind and know that this shall too pass.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I think I start to slip sometimes and start to take things for granted. Then I read thenews and I see how lucky I truely am.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 1:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2008