I feel like I'm about to explode..

I will be 29 weeks tomorrow and I feel like I'm further along. I literally feel like my stomach is going to burst open..
This is my second child and from what I understand they usually are born before the due date? When did you have your second child? Was it way before you due date or closer to it?

febmom007

Asked by febmom007 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My first was born at 35 weeks due to medical issues.
    Second was born at 40 weeks, 4 days.
    Third was born at 38 weeks, 3 days.

Your baby will come whenever he/she is ready, hun. It doesn't necessarily mean that it will come early. You can go overdue like I did. It is true that women can dilate sooner with their 2nd pregnancy and so on, but that doesn't mean anything either. I was dilated to 4 cms a month before I delivered my third child.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Mine was a planned C . . . 39 weeks. I can relate to the burst open feeling.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I had to be induced she was late! Hopefully you'll go early! The end of the pregnancy is the worst part because at that point you're just "over it" and want the baby born!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Ah, so all I'll be hearing about the second child being born early is pretty much hogwash.. lol
    febmom007

Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i heard you tend to get bigger faster with your second pregnancy
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 7:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I was induced with both of mine. My first was on my due date at 40 weeks they thought she was going to be at least 10 pounds if I waited after my due date and I had small hips so they didn't want her to get any bigger she was 8.1. My second I was induced at 5 days before my due date because they were trying to make her smaller than my first so she didn't get stuck too (since my first got stuck in the birth canal), but she was 8.7
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• but this time around I am going to try to starting at 39 weeks to do stuff to make me hopefully go into labor since this is my last baby I want to try doing it on my own this time
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I had my son at 43 weeks. Im still bakin' number 2 so hopefully she'll be on time! I think whether baby will be early, late or right on the due date is always up in the air. At 29 weeks, youve still got lots of time so try to get comfortable :)
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 7:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• If you really start feeling like a beached whale (I did), go swimming. I would literally spend 20 minutes just floating in the water on my back. It felt SO GOOD to be nearly weightless and not waddling around everywhere.

And, both of my kids were a week (or so) early. My fisrt because I moved the week before my due date, my second because of a planned C-section.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I had both my first and second just a few days before my due date (induced), and this time I keep thinking there is no way I will make it to my due date. I'm about 30-31 weeks and I am freakin HUGE. People keep telling me "you must be due any time now" and thinking (or worse yet having to say!) that I have 2 months to go makes me nuts!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2011