My husband and I want to go on a weekend getaway in Virginia for our anniversary (8 years). We don't want to spend too much money. Any ideas!

Any where is Virginia that would be great for the two of us.

libertyteacher

Asked by libertyteacher at 2:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Travel

• Here is where to find out http://www.cassandralanetravel.org

I'm a travel agent.

MzBusinessWoman

Answer by MzBusinessWoman at 3:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Depends on where you want to go in VA. You could stay in northern VA and tour Washington DC. There's VA Beach or Williamsburg. If you like amusement parks there's King's Dominion near Richmond or Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. Southwest VA has lots of hiking, camping, mountains. Luray Caverns are popular too.
    Violin_Mom

Answer by Violin_Mom at 3:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I used to live in the williamsburg area and there are tons to do there. You can go to Jamestown, busch gardens, Yorktown beach
    ( my hubby proposed to me there), also only about an hour from Richmond where there are lots of muesums
    mum2b2009

Answer by mum2b2009 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2008