I cannot drink enough water!

What they hey?! I am so thirsty all day. I only drink water now because nothing else satisfies. One cup after the other. I heard it could be not enough salt intake (we avoid too much salt at my house, but still eat it in moderation. So I added more salt to my diet. Nothing. If anything it got worse. So I cut back on the salt and ate less of it than before. That didnt help. I have drank about 11 or 12 12 ounce cups of water and still chuggin'. HELP!

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 5:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am the same way when pregnant- I can drink water all day long & I'm still thirsty...I also dehydrate very easy dispite how much water I drink! Tell your obgyn about it just in case- but I think that some of us just need more water to stay hydrated.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 6:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Have you had your glucose checked yet? Increased thirst could be a sign of gestational diabetes.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 5:31 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• ugh i feel ya i live in the desert tho but still lol .. im not sure what to do maybe you dr can suggest something
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I was going to suggest what Slinkee said...extreme thirst is a popular symptom of diabetes. Then again, it could just be your weird pregnancy thing! I WISH I'd had thirst when I was pregnant, I had the hardest time getting enough fluids!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• could be a symtom of diabetes but it also could just be that your thirsty and your body needs the extra fluid. they say you need to drink lots andlots of water so atleast you know you are lol. ask your dr but its probably nothing and just pregnancy related. I who hates milk cant get enough of it since iv been pregnant and i dont lack calcium intake.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I was thirsty all the time when I had gestational diabetes. You should definately be checked.

Answer by gemgem at 5:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2008