I have a bad toothache. What can help with the pain. Oh and i'm pregnant so tylenol is my bf right now.

Oh and i'm pregnant so tylenol is my bf right now

RAQUEL956

Asked by RAQUEL956 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• take some tylenol ... lol .. im not sure you can call your dr to be 100 % for sure what to do
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I'm not sure if Orajel is ok, I'd ask my doc. And maybe see your dentist? Pregnant teeth and gums like to be bad!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I had a terrible toothache when I was pregnant also! I was able to take Tylenol #3 (tylenol with codeine) and I think Penicillin. Ask your OB what's safe for you. My OB said it was okay to have work done on the tooth as long as the dentist didn't use a certain ingredient when he numbed the tooth. I can't remember what it was. I waited until after my baby was born to have anything done though. I do remember that after I took the Tylenol #3 and antibiotic, my tooth felt better and as soon as I felt it starting to hurt again, I got right back on regular Tylenol and was okay.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I had a good amount of dental work done while pregnant, all perfectly fine. Just make sure your dentist knows your pregnant and your doctor knows that you're having work done. There is a popular kind of Novacaine they're not supposed to use, and you should avoid X-rays if possible.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Orijel will be fine.!

But that crap makes my tooth hurt even more for some reason i grin and bare it, and i put a warm cloth over my hurt side of my face, and lay down on it...numb myself up with that yukky orijel and then,..before that i take 2 tyenol pms ..they never take the darn pain away..
    but yeah ...thats what happend to me...during halloween ....right before halloween.which sucked!!!! no candy for me that halloween!!!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Oil of clove that you can get at any walgreens in the tooth ache isle. It comes in a tiny brown bottle with a red cross on it and tastes AWFUL but it helps the best with a bad tooth ache.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2008