Say something or mind my own business

My friend's kid is only 2 (he actually just turned 2).Yes he is a BIG boy, probably over the 100th percentile for weight and height. His mom has him in a booster! Not a harness. She posted a pic on FB bragging about how cute he looked in that pic, but I couldnt stop staring at this kid in a booster seat. I wanted to comment but I remember my good cafemommers who would say something like "mind your own damn business!' or my fav is "not your kid, not your business". So I am torn.What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• send her a link to the new babyseat/booster guidelines

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Most convertible seats I want to say go up to 40 lbs some go higher. Is there a way you can say gee I am surprised you would take him out even before he hit the weight limit?

Would that be enough of a clue with what you are trying to say without saying it?

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I say...if you don't have anything nice to say. Please don't say anything at all.
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Maybe she doesn't know?  I found everything out about carseats on Cafemom from other moms.  I was sent links to help and told what was appropriate.  I appreciate that.  I wouldn't mind finding an email from my friend saying that there are new guidelines out and she wanted me to know about it. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I would say " he is in a booster already? I waited until my child was such and such age. Then I would tell her I heard that harnesses are safe until such and such time and I am such a prude that I actually follow that..
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Good news! There are now new guidelines for carseats so you can ask her if she has read or heard about them and then share them with her!
    enbamommy

Answer by enbamommy at 8:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Do you know how much the kid weighs? If he is over 40 lbs he can be in the booster. I might say something like arent you afraid that he will unbuckle himself why you are driving. I had a friend who had her kids in boosters and they were always getting out of them. I said something simular to what I mentioned above and she said that one does and the other dosnt, I was just like oh ok, cuz she had the attiude like its none of your business, so I took the hint and kept my mouth shut. I did say that my girls will stay in a harness carseat until they can unbuckle themselves, and she acted like oh cool and it wasnt talked about again. So test the waters first and see how she will take what you have to say then proceed with caution. (BTW my girls are almost 5 and still in a 5 point harness)
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• you should say something what if she gets in a car wreck and the kid gets killed because he's not in the right seat??? you would feel so bad that you didn't say anything to try to help resolve the problem. tell her please!!!!!!
    dansmom87

Answer by dansmom87 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011