I need some great indoor craft ideas that are preschool age friendly?

cortneynrob

Asked by cortneynrob at 7:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A fun thing we did for St. Pattys Day that I was able to teach a few lessons on was taking noodles (round ones you can string onto string) and counting them out. Putting them in a bowl w/ water then adding food coloring to them. Wait for several hrs til they are dry. Strain and put on wax paper til dry and hard! This helps with colors, counting, and you could even use different noodles for sorting!!! Another fun one is filling a big container w/ dry rice and 'hiding' different things they have to look for!! That is all I have for now! If I think of more I will return and post!
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Another one my kids love is taking cheap white shaving cream and adding it to a lined w/ foil pan in blobs. Then adding a different drop or two of food color to each blob then letting them use a fork, stick, straw, etc to blend them together!! Or letting them roll a marble in it!!
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Ty :) We dont get to play outside much bc of all the stinkin Snow! its our first winter in Ak so we are still adjusting and my kiddo's are going crazy!!
    cortneynrob

Comment by cortneynrob (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• So many! Coffee filters with markers,the markers blend together so you can create your own colors or experiment with the basics.Cookie cutter prints(cookie cutters and tempra paint) , make microwave playdough, watercolors or toy car painting (dip car in tempra paint and roll across paper. You cold also use eyedroppers on paper towels with liquid watercolors. It's the process for the children not the product so much.
    rpreston

Answer by rpreston at 8:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Start planting seeds and decorating the pots, toothpicks and marshmallow or gumdrop structures, make a mystery bag and let the kids feel for what is inside and guess what is in it, do a scavenger hunt inside, do an indoor campout with chairs and sheets and eat lunch on the floor. Get a big refrigerator box and make a car and go on a safari in the living room, Get some beads and make necklaces. Use paper plates and paint them blue and use goldfish crackers to make an aquarium. Make homeade playdough together and play playdough. Carve shapes in a potato and use some tempera paint to make homeade stamps.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2011