Do you find this sexist?

Do things like this bother you or are you one of many who think this is just life because men are constantly portrayed as caring mostly about a woman's appearance, therefore women are more sexual in ads and wanting to keep up their sex appeal for their benefit?

http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2011/03/14/over-the-top-sexist-australian-real-estate-ad/#comments

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Eh, it doesn't bother me any. Never has. If that's what they do to sell houses, more power to them. Not changing my life in any way, shape, or form.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Hate to do it, but I agree with anouck
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You know- research shows that women care more about appearance of other women than men do... We're told that men like a certain type, but that has been proven time and time again to be incorrect- however, it is still used- because WOMEN care. I don't think this is sexist- it's more of a gimmick to have their name recognized. If you can get people to remember you- you're going to do better in business.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Quite simply.....sex, sells!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• it is sexist, but it doesn't really bother me you can't keep everything totally pc
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It is what you make it. I don't really care if the women were half naked. It doesn't bother me in the least.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 7:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I guess I'm in the minority here because it does bother me. I realize that this particular ad will not be showing in the U.S., but there are plenty of them who are. Everything is so super-sexualized these days.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• If I see advertising as sexist I do not buy that product and I contact the company. Many times I get a responce back and not so uncomon the ad gets pulled. If enough people tell a company they found a particular ad offensive or sexist they usually do pull it from running again.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I understand that you don't have to allow it to bother you. Because truly you have the ultimate say over whether you choose to focus your attention on something or not. But it still can affect you unless you are that desensitized to it. I see that in my young girls. I know that no matter what I teach them society will still have an affect on them until they become so used to it that it no longer "bothers" them. I think that just because sex sells doesn't mean we should be ok with it. Not buying the product doesn't stop this from going on. I think people should care more and speak up about it. It doesn't have to consume your life, I understand, but your world is consumed with sex everywhere you look. So it should matter. Research may show that men don't prefer a certain type that media says men want but that is what all women see and therefore are affected by things like this ad. Women care because society says SEX sells.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I don't know. It looks kind of immature. I guess it would appeal to airheads...guys with no brains....but ,heck,if it sells homes, who cares? The real estate market needs something that gets attention here,too. It just made me laugh and shake my head.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2011