Anyone had cavities and gingivitis?

I am 29 and have NEVER had anything wrong with my teeth...I go regularly to my check ups and yesterday they told me I have 4 cavities and also gingivitis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened....what is getting a cavity filled like?

What have you done for your gingivitis.....I am surprized and shocked!

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 5:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Health

• Can happen from being pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, pregnancy can wreak havoc on your mouth. It's no big deal, though. Just brush, floss, and use Listerine every day. Maybe look into buying an electric toothbrush. As for having the cavities filled, it's not that bad. I've had lots of fillings and a crown, so I have plenty of experience in this department. The worst part is the novicaine shot, but that is just sore and achy for a few moments and then it goes numb. Trust me, I'm a HUGE wuss, and I have no problems getting dental work done.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 6:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I have had many problems with my teeth and if there was only one thing I could tell you, it would be this." Do everything in your power to protect your teeth. Having them filled or pulled is painful. Pregnancy helped me lose three teeth in the back of my mouth that now I can barely chew my food.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• getting cavaties filled is totally painless. i had quite a few as a kid. and the gingivitis, start flossing and using mouthwash and make sure you are brushing, flossing, and rinsing every day. use listerine for a couple of weeks and then go to the act mouthwash. thats what i did and my gingivitis went away and my gums are so much healthier now and they don't bleed when i brush anymore.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 8:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2008