Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How do you refer to your hair care professional?

Beautician? Hair dresser? Cosmetologist? Hair stylist?

Just curious. My grandmother has always been called a "beautician", but I rarely hear that term for younger professionals.


Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

Level 37 (93,457 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • professional stylist (we aren't limited to hair)

    I don't like the term hairdresser, because we are more than that, we don't just dress up hair. To me dressing is just like putting on clothes.. simple, easy, and that's NOTHING like your professional stylist.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

  • usually by first name...

    Answer by tortkey at 8:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

  • I usually say the lady that does my hair LOL. In a 'formal' setting I would say hair stylist.

    Answer by KayGia0704 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

  • I call her my hair dresser

    Answer by Mom2lovingboys at 8:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

  • hair dresser

    Answer by frances693 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

  • Hair stylist name

    Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

  • I have not been in over 2 years now.Husband cuts a perfect straight edge,and i do the rest myself.

    Answer by grismelda at 11:27 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

  • "the girl who does my hair" :)

    Answer by surfngirl at 2:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

  • My Hair God. :) His name is Jack

    Answer by liss05 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

  • Stylist - one who makes me beautiful.

    Answer by tasches at 7:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

Next question in Beauty & Style
Something just for you

Next question overall (Just for Fun)