Now we have new rules for carseats...what are your favorite infant carseats??

enbamommy

Asked by enbamommy at 7:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am not certain of what you are referring to but They want to pass a law in my state keeping kids in boosters until they are 8. No height or weight limits just have to be 8. As it stands we have the 40 pound rule and if this passes I will have to go buy my son a new car seat since we tossed his about 8 months back! This is not going to go over well with him...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Below is a policy appearing in the April issue of Pediatrics, the peer-reviewed, scientific journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).

For Release: Monday, March 21 , 2011 12:01 am (ET)

New advice from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) will change the way many parents buckle up their children for a drive.

In a new policy published in the April 2011 issue of Pediatrics (published online March 21), the AAP advises parents to keep their toddlers in rear-facing car seats until age 2, or until they reach the maximum height and weight for their seat. It also advises that most children will need to ride in a belt-positioning booster seat until they have reached 4 feet 9 inches tall and are between 8 and 12 years of age.

enbamommy

Comment by enbamommy (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Those are guide lines not laws. Laws still vary d=from state to state though I think the laws will be slowly adjusting to match the new recommendations.,
    Anonymous

• Ok, I understand they are guidelines... Which I totally agree with and my 6 year old will be in a 5 point harness for as long as possible. But, which infant seats are everyone's favs? I had a travel system last time and don't want that again, so just looking for suggestions. Thanks all!! :-)
    enbamommy

Comment by enbamommy (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i bought a my ride 65 for when my dd was born! hate infant carriers! i just used my sling when we were out and about! the myride RF to 40pounds and FF to 65pounds! there are height limits too i just dont remember them off the top of my head! its great it fits in my car and is easy to put in my hubbys car if needed! we bought it on sale at babies r us it was like $120 so im sure we will get our moneys worth!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i have the myride 65. i was able to erf dd for 4 yrs. she just turn 4 and is now ff. she is 38 1/2 inches. she outgrew the seat by height not weight. she is only 34lbs
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Wow, so some kids will be in carseats until they are pre-teens?! I don't see that happening....
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 7:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Exactly yesmam. Can you imagine ADULTS who are under the height guidelines..hang on kids mommy has to get into her booster seat. It's freaking crazy.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:34 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• "Exactly yesmam. Can you imagine ADULTS who are under the height guidelines..hang on kids mommy has to get into her booster seat. It's freaking crazy. "

Could you imagine "I'm sorry, but your child was thrown from the vehicle/cut in half by the seatbelt/internally decapitated, and we weren't able to save them"
    That would be freaking crazy.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Oh, and to answer the question, My 6yr old DD is in a Graco Nautilus-which I LOVE. My 2.5yr old is rearfacing in a Evenflo Triumph Advance,but I just got him a myride65- love both of those.I have a baby girl due any day now, and I bought a Chicco Keyfit30 for her.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2011