? about Mary Kay

i have done a little bit of research and found the pros and cons of it. i have sold avon a few years back and didnt make much money off of it because i never "bugged" anybody to buy. i would just give them a book with my info on it and if they called GREAT if not then that was ok too. I stopped selling after a year. i have been considering selling again but this time with Mary Kay. i think i might do better with MK since i have to do in home facials. should i do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Don't do it!!
    Trust me. I call them a pink cult.
    They make everything seem sooooo easy. And sooooo great!
    The only way that it's k\ok to sell in IMO is if your geting it for yourself and family.
    Don't buy stock! They really push that!
    Also keep in mind. The economy is in the toilet!
    tommysmommy05

Answer by tommysmommy05 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Mary K, like Avon make-up is OVERPRICED!!!! And the above lady is right Mary-K is a Pink CULT!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• LOL well it is different for everyone. I have a friend whose mom sells MK and loves it. I personally like being with arbonne. The products are botanically based and vegan certified. They have been around 28 yrs and my mom has been with them for 19 yrs. I did try other companies but always came home to arbonne. Arbonne also has a rule about stock piling.. big no no! Some people have been let go from arbonne for pushing people to buy more then they sell or use. I just did a jounral on arbonne today. I would love for you to check it out. I have team all over the US and they go to other teams meetings for help.
    KimArbonne

Answer by KimArbonne at 7:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Another thing I love is arbonne has over 350 products... from skin care, to color, aromatherapy, nutrition and weight loss and so much more! There is truely something for everyone to use.. I have never been healthier or my skin look better then when I am on arbonne. Which is why everytime I left using arbonne I had issues with my health and skin. lol
    Anyhow hope you find a fit for you as everyone is different. Good luck and let me know if you have questions!!

Oh PS on the economy just read in a magizine what is something people won't give up even with the bad economy and skin care, make up and pampering products were the top thing they won't get rid of. Also during the Depression the things that still sold were alcohol, cigs and makeup/ skin care.. people still want to look good and feel good.
    KimArbonne

Answer by KimArbonne at 7:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I would buy avon over mary kay anytime mary kay is way too overpriced
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 12:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I think that hehttp://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/alth and beauty is the way to go. However, did you check out the various brands on http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/. This database will show you all the brands and how safe they are. People are looking for safe and pure products. There is so much information out there about the chemicals that are put into products. I have personally researched for many years and have only found one company that has 100% certified organic products - Miessence. They have a SPA party that you can follow if you so choose. Go to karenmacnab.mionegroup.com and check it out for yourself. But do yourself a favor, plug in any name into the database and see what comes up. Women are becoming more savy shoppers and you should too. Educate yourself on makeup and what is really sold on the shelves. Good luck!
    Health4U

Answer by Health4U at 5:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• my sil sells MK and loves it. I don't wear makeup but I love the face washes and hand washes. They are pretty expensive and with the economy lately it may not be the best time, but if your willing to work (and not spend everything you make) it can be profitable.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 8:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I've been doing MK for 6 1/2 years now. I don't make much money but I get all my stuff half price and I love to do it. I have a handful of people who order regularly, I just let people come ot me if they want something.

If you're looking for a hobby that might make you some cash, do it. If you want to get rich but don't want to push push push, sell sell sell and lose all your friends, don't do it.

I do carry a bit of inventory, but they are only items that my customers regularly re-order, or tha ti use. I recommend only carrying some skin care, the most common foundation colors and a few extras like shwoer gels, hand cream etc, to put gifts together. It is easier and less costly to have items on hand ot deliver, and keeps customers happier, but I dont' sell a lot of color products, so they will get old, they change packaging etc.
    aenima49

Answer by aenima49 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i sell mary kay i would say go for it, but you have to find a group of rich women thats where i get the best classes
    eddysmommy

Answer by eddysmommy at 1:13 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I have sold mk for several years and I enjoy it. The commission is one of the highest in direct sales. I run my own business and get instruction from business info they sent with my kit. In reality they are no more expensive than other brands in that category of quality products if you do a compare.
    Anonymous