Im 26 and single is it wrong to want the BEST!?

I am single after being with my high school lover after 10 yrs. He was a broke uninspiring man with no goals and at 30 now he has not accomplished anything, has no job, no car and no money and is content. We do have a child together that is 3. I am fortuate to have my degree, a good job, nice home and drive a nice car. At this point in my life ( i know I am sitill young) I will not settle. This guy approached me the other day in a car pre 2000. I couldnt help but pass.. I drive a nice 2010 car and to talk to me you have better than me. Superficial.. yes, I can admit that but am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• bow downYou are never wrong to want the best, never! The best is waiting for you baby doll.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 8:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You may be wrong. Get to know more about the guy before judging him on his car. He may have another three brand new cars at home. Probably not, but find out before crossing him off. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• no, not wrong. reach for the stars!
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• In this day and age you might not find what you want in a man. But if those are your standards they thats great. BUT just because someone dosnt drive a 2010 or better car or have a really nice house dosnt mean he isnt successful. Good luck with everything and I hope you find what you want in life.
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• The man may have been the greatest guy in the world and willing to treat you like a princess... just because a man has money or a nice car- doesn't mean that he's anybody special.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Are you looking at the best man you can find? or just the most money a guy has? zJust because he is rich, doesn't mean he is a nice person.

Answer by louise2 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I do not think that you are being superficial. You are being CAREFUL and hey, there are some nice college professors out there driving 2000 cars but...chances are...  Anyway,  You have a child to think about . Water seeks it's own level as they say and you desire someone with similar interests and the  of professionalism which you worked hard to obtain.  Thank you for being mature and thinking things out. Take a look at some of the questions about deadbeat guy on this site and you will have your confirmation that waiting for the right thing is better.

notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• you should never settle for less!
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• just what if he lent his new car to lets say his dad? maybe you just let go a great catch.. here is the thing is it is great to have standards but realistic ones. I have a good friend who has list of them and he is not in his mid 40's and single. my point just know that saying he has a job more important the the car he might drive ... good luck in love

MominCa

Answer by MominCa at 8:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't have made the decision based on the car.

That said, I think it is 100% crazy to settle for someone who has not lived up to AT LEAST the standards you have set for yourself. You have been to school. You have a home and a job and a car. They can, too. It is not as if it is impossible to work hard and have something to show for it...you did it...and I think it is perfectly fair to expect that the man you choose to date will have done the same.

I am sick of watching women fight each other over men who have nothing to offer.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011