My son is pissing me off---A VENT----UPDATE!!!!!

he just had a tack in his mouth, he is almost 8 and knows better--I told him to swallow it.... he looked at me and yelled no----I said to swallow it, he yelled no--I said why was it in your mouth then--do not put anything in your mouth your not willing to swallow--he is always doing stuff like that---uggggggggg AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe tell him if he's going to put stuff in his mouth you'll get him a pacifier!
    Anonymous

• First,telling and demanding him to swallow it is not smart!!! Take them away where he can't get to them!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• hugs My 9 and 10 y/o do crazy stuff too.  Hang in there it's almost bed time.   lol

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• What would you have done if he did swallow it? Probably freaked the hell out on the poor kid. Lighten up mom. Kids put things in their mouths. While I agree that he shouldn't put tacks in his mouth, doesn't mean you should tell him to swallow it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Must be in the air, because my 4 year old has been testing me ALL DAY. Thank goodess its almost bedtime!!!! Right there with ya mama!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• When my oldest was 12, he swallowed a large lego! He was so freaked out and worried it wouldn't "come out". He hasn't put anything in his mouth that wasn't food again. He is now 16. And to respond to OP- hello! it was a scare tactic because this mom knows her child will not really swallow it on purpose. she was only trying to prove a point. I would have asked "why wont you swallow it?" and the kid would have to say cause it doesn't belong in my mouth.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 8:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have a 6 year old girl who does stuff like that. I know what feel... bed time is soon.. then you can relax

MominCa

Answer by MominCa at 8:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• We all days that our children drive us a little nutty. Good luck to you...I know it can be rough sometimes.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• That is scary!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Well, tell him this true story. A friend of my cousin actually did swallow a tack about two months ago. He is now not alive to tell this story himself.
    0123456

Answer by 0123456 at 12:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2011