What would you do?

what would you do if you just got married and are living at your husbands moms house but can't stand her and all you do is sit there and watch t.v. because you don't wanna leave the room because his family hates you your husband has told you you can stay at your moms house until you move in to your own apartment in a couple of weeks but if you do go back to your moms you will barely see your husband what would you do? (pregnant and hormonal so this seems extra hard)

mamawilbur

Asked by mamawilbur at 8:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Could he come stay at your moms house with you?

I wouldn't want to stay anywhere that I didn't feel comfortable. So although it would suck to barely see him, I think I would stay with my mom in that situation.
    Noni2319

Answer by Noni2319 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't have moved into a house where they can't stand me. I'd move back home with mom until hubs and I got a place of our own.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• why do they hate you?
    if it was me i would try talking to them with your husband if you havent already
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Can your husband AND you move to your moms? I think I would vote to stay wherever your husband is . . . . hopefully your situation is temporary.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• they hate me because im 17 and he's 19 and we just got married and are having a baby they think i'm not good enough for him
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• he won't live there with me let alone go over there h thinks my brother and sister are brats
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I would go to my Moms house.

Answer by louise2 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Poor girl! Being pregnant is hard enough but dealing with a situation like this makes it even worse. Honestly I think you need to buck up and walk through the door into the next room. That house is where you live and you should not let anything make you sit around and watch t.v. all day! If you can get out of the house and take a walk. That can help you get away. Talk to your husband about your feelings and let him know you do not want to live at your mother's. Maybe you can talk to his family and try to smooth things over with them by being kind. My mother always said to be nice to your enemies.... kill 'em with kindness ... It goes a long way when you are always nice to everyone and one of them flips out on you! Then your husband will see what you are talking about. Anyhow, keep your cool and keep telling yourself it won't be for long. Maybe you can focus on what you can learn from each of them... rather than the bad?
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 8:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• thank you so much that helped alot!
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Go to your mom's house. You will get the love and support that you need over there. He thinks your siblings are brats? He is acting like a spoiled child. He got you pregnant and he married you yet he won't suck it up for a couple of weeks so you are together but wants you to be miserable by his mom's house?? Wow, I feel bad for you and your child. I am sure things won't change when your child is born. Be careful and don't let them push you around. Good Luck.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011