What over the counter diet aids have you found to be most effective?

CoffeeWriter

Asked by CoffeeWriter at 8:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have found CLA a fat burner from GNC and it works well. I didn't take it for a few weeks and I noticed that I wasn't losing as quickly as I had been. I lost 1/2 lb a week with out it and 1 lb a week with it. As well as exercising and watching my diet.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• None. Exercise and increased water intake work best... along with monitoring how much junk food you eat. Simple as that- and doesn't cost anything extra.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• fresh fruit and veggies and exercise

Anonymous

• Buy less bad food and more good food.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• "Diet aids" are all just a temporary fix that make you gain weight as soon as you stop taking them. Many of them have dangerous side effects, like cardiac arrhythmias and liver and kidney problems. It's not worth it to take a pill. You need to make better food choices, eat smaller portions, not starve yourself, and exercise.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I cut calories, increased my water intake, cut out 98% sugar in my diet, and increased my activity level. In 9 months I lost over 100# . I did this while under a doctor's care. I have managed to keep most of it off for the past 6 yrs. I only gained back 30 pounds but that was after taking steroids for asthma. Of those 30 gained back I've dropped 5 and am doing what I can to drop those 25 + another 30 to get to my target weight.
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 1:34 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• none
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• none...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have never tried any and wont.
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2011