How do you get your baby to sleep?

ja2010

Asked by ja2010 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I nursed them. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I never had any issues. When they were tired they fell asleep...whenever that was. I didn't enforce a bedtime or naptime until they were around 1. My youngest is 8 months. He either lays his head down where ever he is and goes to sleep or I see he is acting tired and I go put him in his crib and that's usually it. He just falls asleep.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• We have a bedtime routine, then I lay her in her crib and she goes to sleep.

Answer by missanc at 9:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• we don't get her to sleep....we get her to wake up. she is a huge sleeper. she sleeps 10 hours straight through the night (since she was a month old) and takes a few 3 hour long naps during the day
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I played the same music for her eveynight. To this day, she is 8, I can put that music on and she is like "Oh, I am so sleepy."
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Give them a nice warm bathe and use that Johnson and Johnson baby bathe that has lavender oil in it ; it will put them to sleep
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 9:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• same routine and time every night. Bath first, nurse in the dark, hold him in sleeping position, tell him have a good night and I love you, lastly sing a song in very low voice. Put him down when he's half asleep then he sucks on his fingers then falls asleep. My 4 months old usually falls asleep around 8 or 9.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 22, 2011