Children's Hospital fundraiser?

I need fundraising advice.. What would be a good fundraising event to raise awareness and money for a childrens hospital. I am a right leg amputee and have went to Shriners Hospital since I been a year old, I am now twenty with my own family... I want to have a fundraising event (the hospital already okay'd it for me), but I'm stuck.. Any tips or ideas??

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• how about a fair or carnival?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• We really don't have the funds for that. Nor anywhere to really have something like that around here, but it is a really cool idea if I knew how to do it!
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My DH always does a Boston butt sale for his baseball team. I'm not sure how well it would work for you though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• What is that?
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I do fundraising. I'm an Independent Distributor for Mia Bella's. Message me, I may be able to help or just give you ideas!!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You could get together a bunch of independent consultants of different products and they would display their stuff and donate a percentage of their sales to your cause. I am a Mary kay consultant and we do hostess events to raise awareness for domestic violence, breast cancer, and other organizations. This is also good if you don't have a lot of funds as you don't have to purchase anything, you just have to get the vendors. Hope this helps!
    dakotafriend

Answer by dakotafriend at 7:10 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It is a cut of pork that you smoke or barbecue.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Another way you can do it is.. rent a party center with catered food. Have side boards, silent auction etc. Hire a DJ. Call them. They do things like that year round, and have a lot of information.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Well... a simple way, is ask a lot of your frids and family and people from the hospitl what sort of things they'd actually spend moey at and go to.
    Since it's a kids hospital, something kid focused and accessible would be good. We had an amazing event last year, a round the world sweet trip. Traditional hand made candies and deserts from every country we could think of.
    The adults loved it, because they learnt a lot about different cultures, dferent foods etc. and the kids loved it cause it was new sweets. Food themed festivals always go don well.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 7:40 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Maybe a bake sale or have people donate unwanted items for a yard sale (tis the season lol). Also, in our area, there are lots of people raising money by doing a "poker run" involving motor cyclist. Little Ceaser's has fund raising materials, but they're a little pricey. It really depends on the scale of money you're trying to raise.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011