3 year old daughter's hair...

Hello ! My daughter has very curly thick hair! I wash her hair with johnsons shampoo for curly hair. It works for about 3 hours thn become tangled and hard to manage. I've used olive oil products for kids with her type of hair and still the same results. I was wondering if I can straighten her hair with a flat iron? Can I get some advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• honestly, I wouldn't straighten a three year old's hair. Just put it up in a pony tail or pig tails.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You can straighten her hair, but it is an everyday battle. Try to manage the curls, it is so much easier. I have her wash and condition, then we pick it out, then put Garnier Nutrese spray gel, then scrunch. If you imbrace the curl it is easier than fighting it.
    I used a straight perm a time or 2 on her, it just ruined the health of her hair. And I still had to use the iron on it.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I do but she always cry! She's mixed.. She has her daddys curly hair and mamas well you get it lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Try Suave conditioner. It is very cheap and the best conditioner I have found to get out tangles. I can afford more expensive conditioner but have always turned back to Suave. Flat iron takes too much time for a 3 year old and it will eventually damage her hair. Pony tails are a good idea like febmom said.
    notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I don't know if that would work, you may want to get advice from professionals, not in here.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have a daughter with the same kid of hair. I use the same shampoo and I also use conditioner. I use no more tangles and keep it in braids when at all possible. I have special brushes for her hair. all this helps!

MominCa

Answer by MominCa at 8:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My daughter has a mass of curls too. I can brush her hair thoroughly and an hour later it looks like I haven't brushed it in weeks.

Things to try:
    Get her a layered hair cut, it will cut down on the tangles
    Comb/brush her hair in the bath with the conditioner still in
    Use a separate conditioner
    Target brand leave in detangler spray (compared to Johnson's No More Tangles). You can put it in her hair wet or dry and has been a lifesaver in my house.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• do you wrap her hair at night? that will help, or you could get her a satin pillow case if she will not keep the wrap on. what kind of brush are you using? don't use a bristle brush....use a wide tooth comb or the comb type brushes. what kind of grease do you use? i like the ms. jessie's baby buttercream for the daily brush out. it keeps the hair from being dry and it helps with the detangle. i would blow out her hair if you want to try it straight instead of a flat iron.....you don't want to do that to baby hair, but that being said i think 3yo is still to young to blow out too.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i have add like that i do stright it once a month and she loves it!!! try using john frida hair products for curly hair i love it or carols daughter is a good one too gl!!!
    budda646

Answer by budda646 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2011