If you had only $6.75 a day to feed yourself..

What would you eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Rice and dried beans, eggs for protein. Meat isn't necessary and is expensive. Stay away from processed food because it's expensive too. Get frozen or canned veggies, they're less expensive than fresh. Buy everything generic.....drink water from the tap, don't buy any other drinks. Get a loaf of bread and some sliced cheese or p.b. that can make about 11 sandwiches right there. Oatmeal is cheap too.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My kitchen. We barely spend that much on the whole family every day.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Granola bars, peanuts, bananas and water!
    xochitle

Answer by xochitle at 9:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• 6.75 a day is about 50 a week and $200 a month that should be enough to buy groceries that would last a month or at least all most until the end of the month. Im wondering why did you say $6.75 a day as opposed to $200 a month...
    Anonymous

• Red/black beans and rice, maybe add sausage to it. Sloppy joes, pasta dish with chicken and tomatoes...lemon for season. Tons more things..
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 10:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Pretty much what we eat now: lentils, beans, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, vegetables, fruit

Answer by rkoloms at 10:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I usually buy in bulk. I split it up and put it in zip lock bags. I don't throw left over sauces away either. I put it in a zip lock bag as well. you'd be surprised at how much you save by freezing everything.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 9:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i would go to McKays and go to the deli and eat chicken Jojos and get a fountain drink
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• $200 a month is plenty of money to feed one person. Pretty much whatever I wanted.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• subways, kfc, wendys,all have pretty good 5 dollar meals
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 8:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011