Do you use the King James Version of the Bible ?

This is the 400th Anniversary of its publication ( 1611-2011 }.

Oxford University Press has published an interesting ' biography ' of the Bible by Gordon Campbell entitled ' Bible - The Story of the King James Version ' . A story of politics, religion, translators, printers , accidental and deliberate errors , changing fortunes and changing beliefs and fierce arguments over revisions of the text during the past 400 years .

I found it an interesting and enjoyable read , also a useful companion book for the Bible itself .

janet116

Asked by janet116 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm KJV only. I stand on that due to what I have found in extensive research. Also, in many other versions, words are changed and words and verses omitted. That changes the meaning. It is a great study. I would encourage everyone to study where the manuscripts came from for the KJV and then where they came from for the other versions.
    It all comes down to that word "study" doesn't it. Life is one big learning process. (And to think that when I was a child I looked forward to graduation, 'cause that meant the end of studying right? :)
    shakleegirl

Answer by shakleegirl at 1:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• no, i use something i can understand better lol. i prefer the niv.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• yeah, it's the only one i can get the actual meaning out of. i've noticed the NIV can twist up verses to where they don't mean what the KJV verses say.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yes I do use the King James version.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 9:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I do use the KJV, among others. I like the poetic sound of the language.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Wow, learn something new every day! Thanks for sharing that tidbit! But no, we're an NIV family.
    Anonymous

• I study from the King James. For just reading, I use the New American Standard which I love!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I like the NIV best
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I prefer the NKJV but mainly use the NIV.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• is the King James easier or is it more precise with the actual scriptures? I have only read the NIV and my aunt swears by it. She bought me the NIV The Message which of course has the easier to understand English words lol
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2011