Any thought on this new HCG diet?

AmandaV.

Asked by AmandaV. at 9:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Don't care for it, sounds to me like if you aren't on it for the rest of your life you will gain the weight back.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/weight-loss/hcg-diet.htm

It is not healthy and even if you lose weight for a while, it will all come back eventually. Please read the link I posted.

A diet plan should encourage you to eat smaller portions, eliminate bad foods and beverages such as white flour products and soda/pop and excessive sugars and salts. And exercise ....such as walking every day.

HCG is a hormone that is envolved with pregnancy. WHy would you want to take a hormone?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It doesn't sound good.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Start moving; do some sort of exercise, even walking, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least three times a week. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I honestly don't know enough about it but I would do a lot of research before trying it. I personally, don't care for fad diets.
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It's incredibly dangerous. Eating 500-800 calories a day will make you lose weight, just as anorexia will make you lose weight. It will send your body into starvation mode, which means you're burning lean tissue and holding onto the fat. In doing this, you're slowing your metabolism, which is totally counterproductive. Never cut your calories below 1200 a day. Try eliminating processed foods, refined sugars and carbs, and foods high in saturated and trans fats. Up your intake of water, fiber, lean proteins and dairy, and fruits and veggies. Balance is key. I'm having a lot of success with eating clean, which is all about balance and eating right, plus I'm exercising. 54 lbs down so far, and well on my way! Google clean eating and read up. It's a lifestyle, not a diet, which means it will help you maintain your weight once you lose it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• you have to eat like 500 calories a day on it-
    I know a woman who went on this (the shots) because she was hellbent on losing 15 lbs and she quit before 2 weeks - I think she was feeling sick or something. She has not tried it again

On the some dpctor show the other day there were people that had been on it that it worked for and people who got really sick/ lost hair and whatnot doing it. They said that they would advise NOT getting it at healthfood places or whatever that if you are going to do it to get it from your doctor so you KNOW what's in it. They said the over the counter stuff may not even have HCG in it...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• id be interested in trying it!
    Jen.McCarthy88

Answer by Jen.McCarthy88 at 8:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It doesn't seem very safe to me
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• lame
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011