Should i move my 2 year old to a toddler bed?

My dd is just about 2 and she bounces/jumps in her crib like crazy. Should I get her into a toddler bed to be safe or is it to soon? Her mattress is down as far as it can go so I know she won't fall out.

tnvplus2

Asked by tnvplus2 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i have my 2 year old in toddler bed, i have all mine in toddler beds before they were two. .. its up to you an how you feel!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• That is about the age I put my oldest in a toddler bed. If you do decide to, I would be sure to put a baby gate up so she cannot get up and wonder the house. I didn't do that right away and woke up to flour all over my house one morning.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• All my kids have been moved to a toddler bed by 2.5, at the latest. But, if you don't feel like she's in danger of falling and she's not trying to escape her crib, then I really don't see any harm in waiting a little while longer.
    5andlovingit

Answer by 5andlovingit at 9:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Thanks for posting this question. I was just thinking about asking this because my daughter is 22 months but poor thing is tall like her dad and it appears she doesn't have enough room!!
    NewMayMommy_25

Answer by NewMayMommy_25 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I moved my Daughter to her toddler bed about three weeks ago, she is 16 months old, She was not rying to climb out and she was not jumping i just felt she was ready. I was right! She loves it and goes to sleep and sleeps all night so easily. You will know pretty quickly if she is ready or not. it is worth a try. GL!
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I found a website that has these inflatable bed railings. They are held in place by the fitted sheets u put on the bed. My dd loves them!!! It keeps her feeling secure and it was alot easier for her to adapt with those instead of the metal ones.

http://comfortfirst.com/p-42633-the-toddler-coddler-bedbugz-bed-bolster-replaces-bed-rails.aspx

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My daughter has been in a toddler bed since she was 18 months old she kept climbing out of the crib so we let her pick out her bed which is a princess toddler bed with matching blankets and let her help putting her bed together an decorate it with stickers seemed to help with the transition she loves her bed and loves going too bed or taken a nap was a real easy switch.
    Michala1

Answer by Michala1 at 8:34 AM on Mar. 22, 2011