advice?????

Ok so today i had my 38 week check up & the doctors want me to come in tonight & I'm being induced...their guessing by U/S he weighs 9lbs...& & & they say there is little fluid I really want to deviler nautrally with epi of course how many of you think it's likely? So anyways pray I don't have to have a C-section but if I do how long will I be in the hospitial?

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Being induced doesnt mean you are to have a C/S. I was induced because they too said my baby was about 9lbs and was going to be too big for me to deliver naturaly. Well, we were induced and everyhting went fine. I was in labor 7 and !/2 hours then pushed for about an 1. I delived a 8lb 9oz baby naturaly. Everyhting was just fine. So take a deep breath and be ready for whatever happens. oh and I was in the hospital for 2 nights 3 days.
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 5:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• 9 lbs i assume it depends on your cervix and vaginal canal .. my son was 8 lbs 14 oz im sure you can do it
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• As long as there are no complications I think 3 days is pretty much standard for a C/S.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 5:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Usually a day more than with a regular birth. My last daughter was almost 10 lbs and I opted for C-section because of the risk of her getting shoulder displaisia, my frame wasn't for passing her. Congrat's on the new baby!
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 5:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Forgot to say good luck and hopefully you won't have to have a c/s in the first place!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 5:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• C/s are more likely with induction, but it's far from being a sure thing. I was essentially induced after my labor stalled (long story), and my sister was induced, and we both had successful vaginal deliveries. Plus my son was almost 9 pounds, and I'm a teeny wisp of a woman. Lol... Lots of women do it. Good luck!
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• C-section is a 5 day stay & vaginal birth is a 2 day stay on average. They will most likely let you try at least to have a vaginal birth- but if there is a complication then of course they will do a c-section. They will only not let you try for a vaginal birth if they think that the baby is too big for your pelvis- meaning may get stuck on the way out.
    Either way- you will finally be meeting that little blessing that you have been carrying around all this time! Congrats Mommy!!!!!!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 5:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My son was 9 pounds 4 ounces, though they thought he was going to be eight at most. I was going to be induced to prevent him from being too big, but went into labor a few days beforehand on my own. I'm glad I got to have him vaginally, and I now have no fears for the sizes of future children...but he's three months old and we still can't have sex because I'm not healed.

I'm very proud to say that little old me (I was less than 110 when I got pregnant) delivered such a giant baby, but a c-section may have been the smarter way to go...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I was close to having a c-section (they told me I could try to get him out on my own until 10:00, and he was born at 10:09), nineteen hours after my labor started. My water had broken and my contractions were one on top of the other, but I only dilated two centimeters in ten hours, so they started me on Pitocin...then it was six hours before I dilated another centimeter. Two hours after that, I finally reached the whole ten, then it was two hours of pushing since Baby hadn't droppped.

Anyway, I'd say your chances of a vaginal are good, but there is always the possibility of needing a c-section, in every pregnancy, so it's not the end of the world if it happens. Good luck! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• After my twins were delivered by C-Section they were booting us all out the door on day 3. I was sooo ready to go, but a little overwhelmed that it actually happened so fast.

I think I'd ask the doctor what he thinks your odds of a natural delivery are. Your baby may not actually be 9 pounds - I think they say the ultrasound estimate is give or take a pound. They expected one of my twins to be close to 7 pounds, and she was just shy of 6 pounds.

Godd luck and Congratulations!!!!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2008