Rash (cluster of small bumps)

my daughter (10 months old) has had 3 rashes so far and they all look the same. one on her forehead and 2 on her back . the dr told me it was just a simple rash cuz something irritated her skin. they are a cluster of small bumps, usually its pinkish, just wondering if anyone has seen the same sort of rash on their baby and if so,,, did u figure out what was causing it? they last pretty long too. like a few weeks before it dissapears

cnv13085

Asked by cnv13085 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it sounds like eczema....my neice has it and it sounds exactly like that.
    LoveMyPoliceMan

Answer by LoveMyPoliceMan at 9:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It sounds like eczema to me. My son has this. We use Aveeno eczema cream and it works great for him! GL!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• is there a test that can determine this?? i just looked up some pics and my babies doesnt look that severe. and why wouldnt her dr mention that?
    cnv13085

Comment by cnv13085 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• We have dealt with alot of skin rashes . . . went through allergy testing and found out my daughter is allergic to potato. We used to use shredded cheese, but I come to find out that stuff is covered in potato flour!

Anyways, in order to minimize her skin rashes, we avoid potato AND have to keep all the other allergens down: no scented products, frequent dusting and vacuuming, keeping her indoors while grass is being cut, etc.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• could be eczema or just a simple rash from allergies.. most times if they are clustered and not bumps all over its from something topical, like a type of laundry soap (my brothers problem), or a bubble bath (vaseline's powder does this to me lol)
    you can get your baby tested for eczema and some skin allergies.
    but just try switching what you are using first and see if it helps
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• yea it is only about the size of a finger print every time. very small and doesnt ooze or become wet. just dry small bumps that last a while. thanks yall for the answers
    cnv13085

Comment by cnv13085 (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Mar. 22, 2011