My sister-in-law is crazy...

My sister-in-law needs the attention on her 24/7.... ((I'm so over it)) she is such a jealous drama queen.. She decided to have 2 kids. Knowing that they are broke. Now she doesn't want to woman up and be a responsible mother to them. Telling me she hears voices (eye roll).. My husband is in the Army we have no family where we live and we do fine with no extra help.. So I really don't get why she has so many issues. Then scared of losing my brother-in-law she got pregnant with number 2. My brother-in-law and her moved in with my in-laws. Since they lost their house to foreclosure ( she refuses to work because of depression). Anytime anyone expects anything from her she cries depression. She even went as far to take a handful of anti-depression pills 10 mins before my brother-in-law came home from work. With the kids in the house. I have issues with depression too son I'm not unfamiliar with it..My in- laws support them financially, and take care of the kids when they need to work or go to school (until they get on their feet). Yet she still can't seem to cope and find a job and cries depression. When things go her way she's fine. She's happy. Last year they got 8 grand in tax return and spent it on a Apple Desktop and wasted the rest on eating out... While the roof was caving in the kids room???? She will give me the cold shoulder if we get something she can't have. We have one kid, if we have another all that extra money would not be there for us. So we decided to wait. I really can careless what she does but now it's causing my daughter to lose time with her nana. Since my mother-in-law is afraid to leave the kids with her. To come visit us and she missed my daughters birthday party. But what really gets me is that no one on my husbands side will call her on her bull S***... Bottom line she is mad she can't have the things she wants in life because of the choices they made. This is more of a vent but comments would be great...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Honestly, she's toxic and the only way she's not going to drag you down is if you remove her completely from ehr life, even if that means removing your inlaws who enable her.
    LoveMyPoliceMan

Answer by LoveMyPoliceMan at 10:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I'd be just as mad as you. Someone needs to snap her out of her dream world and back to reality. She is crazy. Point blank.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 10:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It is hard when we see things from the outside. The thing that I noticed was that you said she was crazy enough to take pills with her kids in the house. It is understandable why your mother in law wouldn't want to leave them. So it kind of makes me wonder if she is fit to be a mother at all?? If she is hearing voices maybe she should not be alone with the kids and you need to call someone to help them. Maybe you are the only one who sees the situation clearly.
    CPRsarah

Answer by CPRsarah at 10:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• wait, why couldn't grandma bring the kids to the birthday party? i was just wondering ......sorry i don't have anything useful to say. idk what i would do to tell you the truth.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• aww, wow...That's just crazy. The sad thing is that if she has enabelers...then it's never going to get better. I would explain to your kids nana that they miss her, and need their time with her too. And if that means leaving the other kids with a family friend or whatever, then so be it... Thats not fair to your kids...
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011