I need a haircut! Anyone else dread getting a haircut?

I just hate it. I can never find a stylist that can cut my hair correctly and it always turns out bad. I have many horror stories of getting my hair cut D:

Ho do you find a good stylist? I am willing to pay more for a good cut, but never seem to get one.

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 10:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I love having my hair cut. I go to a girl I graduated high school with (10 yrs ago). She always does a great job and knows my hair. Once you find a stylist you like, stick with him/her. They will get to know your hair and your style better.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I get you with that,I'm stuck with a hideous haircut I'm trying to grow out. I'm not ever gonna get my hair cut by anyone ever again I'll do it myself nice simple trim
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• find out what is is that is causing the bad cuts. Mis communication is probably the real problem if you've gone to several stylists and still come up with bad cuts. PM me and we will find a way to tell your stylist exactly what you want while getting exactly what you want. (i'm a stylist).
    Sometimes a lot of clients say one thing, and to us stylists it means something completely different.. so if you pm me exactly what you tell your stylists, I'll pm you back with a photo of what I think you mean. You can tell me from there if that's what you meant or not. If it's not, we can work together to find a way to better communicate what you really want to your stylist by sending back a pic of what you really wanted.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have been in that situation too many times. The stylists just don't seem to "get it". I did TWO consults with my last stylist before I let her come anywhere near my head. I brought 10 pictures of the types of styles I was looking for. I told her specifically what I do like, what I don't like, what's worked in the past, and what hasn't. When she finally did my hair, well, I looked the same going in as I did going out. I would gladly pay $500 if I could get someone to cut my hair properly. I have tried 4 different places in the last 2 years. I'm back with my regular lady who does a pretty good job at cutting my hair in its current style but not so good when I want to try something new. And I know it's not me; I have thick hair with a slight wave and can do all kinds of styles-straight, curly, or in between but I can't get a decent cut/style for the life of me. SO FRUSTRATING.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I too am debating whether to get my hair cut, its now about 2 inches below my bra strap. I am still thinking about it:)
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Get referrals from friends ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2011