My Sister -in-Law....

My sister-in-law needs the attention on her 24/7.... ((I'm so over it)) she is such a jealous drama queen.. She stays on facebook telling all her business.. Ranting about how she can't cope and how life is so hard. She decided to have 2 kids. Knowing that they are broke. Now she doesn't want to woman up and be a responsible mother to them. Telling me she hears voices (eye roll).. My husband is in the Army we have no family where we live and we do fine with no extra help.. So I really don't get why she has so many issues. Then scared of losing my brother-in-law she got pregnant with number 2. My brother-in-law and her moved in with my in-laws. Since they lost their house to foreclosure ( she refuses to work because of depression). Anytime anyone expects anything from her she cries depression. She even went as far to take a handful of anti-depression pills 10 mins before my brother-in-law came home from work. With the kids in the house. I have issues with depression too son I'm not unfamiliar with it..My in- laws support them financially, and take care of the kids when they need to work or go to school (until they get on their feet). Yet she still can't seem to cope and find a job and cries depression. When things go her way she's fine. She's happy. Last year they got 8 grand in tax return and spent it on a Apple Desktop and wasted the rest on eating out... While the roof was caving in the kids room???? She will give me the cold shoulder if we get something she can't have. We have one kid, if we have another all that extra money would not be there for us. So we decided to wait. I really can careless what she does but now it's causing my daughter to lose time with her nana. Since my mother-in-law is afraid to leave the kids with her. To come visit us and she missed my daughters birthday party. But what really gets me is that no one on my husbands side will call her on her bull S***... Bottom line she is mad she can't have the things she wants in life because of the choices they made. This is more of a vent but comments would be great...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• It's hard getting along with people but this is your family. A woman who will always be a part of your life.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It really seems like you are WAY too involved in her business. You aren't there 24/7 to see what she spends her money on. If you don't want to get upset about it, then worry about your own business. Overstepping your bounds always opens the door for trouble.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• angryHugs.. People like  that irritate me !!  My advice is to just do the best to enjoy your life.     Hopefully soon they will get on their own.  If it was me,  I would make sure to do my best to go to your moms' as often as possible and make her feel uncomfortable.   Bring her a box of kleenex when you come and have a good time letting her know how it is.   New movie title " How to Lose a sister-in-law In 10 Days " ..  You get my point ?     :-)   Humor and sarcasm will help you get through this.   Keep smiling.........

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• OP here- Musicmom80 I agree with you, but it is affecting my daughter relationship with her grandparents. So I'm a bit Po'ed about it.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• ugh! That is so freaking aggrevating. I completely understand where you are coming from. I too have a SIL that is similar to yours, but not to that extreme. There's always something, a cold, a flu, a backache, too much stress, too tired, too little time for whatever, always needing someone's help...meanwhile I work full-time, with 2 kids under the age of 3, getting about 5 hours of sleep a night, basically take off time for myself from work only if (a) I am bleeding uncontroallbly; or(b) I am not breathing. I am not comparing myself to my SIL, but the problem comes in when her lifestyle starts to affect mine thru her lack of independence and the abilty to self manage. This is what I have done...I lower my expectation and fence her out. I don't count on her for anything. I don't go out of my way for her for anything. I just live my life the way I want it, I am civil to her and that's about it.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• How is she causing your little one to lose time with her grandmother?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I'm sure they're waiting on the husband to do something. I can see where they are probably trying to stay out of it except for making sure the kids are taken care of, but it is DEFINITELY irritating to listen to someone bellyache about what you have that they don't like you just sat on your rear and were "lucky". "Unfair" is another word I just love. Or "you wouldn't understand". I have friends that like to drop those lines on my life like it didn't take a whole lot of planning and sacrifice to get where I am, where they had an "if it feels good, do it" mentality and ended up going nowhere. And yes, it sounds like she is using depression as an excuse due to the convenience factor.

I guess just try not to let it get to you.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Thanks for taking it the right way :) It wasn't meant to be rude. Just honest. As far as your inlaws go, what can you do? Can you control what they do? How they feel? It's their choice, not SILs so you can't really blame her for it. That's your inlaws deal. Don't wait for things to change. That's their daughter. Just move on.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• op here.. Musicmom80, I try not to be judgemental. I know people have issues in life.. I mean I do too so I try to be understanding.. But now that her bad behavior is affecting our daughter. It's causing me to feel a way I have never felt before. Angry maybe.. pissed maybe.. hurt maybe or all of the above. She's not my in-laws daughter.... She's married to their son... Thanks ladies for being so understanding.. I'm not proud of myself for feeling this way..

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2011