What would you do if........

....If your kids are massy-and no matter how much you try to teach them they wouldn't learn-, your house is almost impossible to clean , your health is not so well,and your husband is just not understanding??

blackruby

Asked by blackruby at 10:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I would reduce what I have in my house to make it more manageable. Then I would have consequences for the kids when they don't maintain certain things such as take away game stations, not tv or computer, i.e.. Next, my husband would be responsible for the follow-up on punishment.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 10:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• my boys are 18 months so yeah, theyre pretty messy :P my house is impossible to clean because its my parents house and its their stuff/clutter and i can't organize my kids toys because my mom buys so many i have no where to put them. (I clean my room and my kids rooms and i clean up our stuff from the rest of the house but i can't get rid of my parents clutter :/)
    fortunatly my health is pretty good. I'm overweight and I have bipolar but I'm doing quite well.
    and I'm single, so theres no husband.
    i'm taking it a day at a time. I have set small goals and long term goals for myself. each time i accomplish a small goal or get that much closer to my long term goal its a great feeling. I have a light at the end of my tunnel which is finishing college and getting a job so I can get my own place.
    make small goals for yourself such as weekly things like getting laundry done, or an activity with your kids or (continued next)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• something small you can accomplish during the week. you'll feel better about those things and get things done. pick a light at the end of your tunnel and keep thinking about it. take a day, or an hour, or a minute at a time and you will get through it. <3
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Declutter (get rid of anything you don't LOVE and or NEED, give the kids chores, help them learn to get one thing out at a time, put it back before getting a new thing out, it takes teaching them but they'll get it.

Hugs!!!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Hi ladies,first thanks so much for responding so quickly.Now about teaching the kids,I do know how to,and I am Implementing ,but really nothing seems to work,or it may work for like two three day and then they wouldn't keep it up. I do have goals ,I even have a daily schesule for the house's choreses,and even when my kids come back from school I keep getting on to them to orginize there time and things...If only what I clean would stay clean!!Or if only the kids would keep listining to me!!!1"A deep deep sigh"....Any way thanks again, it felt good to at least talk about it a little
    blackruby

Comment by blackruby (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• strict punishment no mercy! they will thank u later
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2011