How can I get through to him?

My husband is being ridiculous lately! He's acting like a two year old and we already have one two year old in the house. Whenever I'm on the computer he will sit next to me and push buttons on my keyboard while I'm typing, pressing the sleep mode button and then our son starts doing it too. I've always gotten our son's attention by saying hey and all of a sudden he'll chime in "is for horses". I put him in time out for hitting his dad and he goes over and gives him cuddles because he's upset and gets him out. If I tell him no and he throws a tantrum hubby starts fake crying at me and goes "Oh whyyyy? Why would you do that to him? wahahaha." I'll take the time to make everyone a nice home made dinner and then I make every plate look nice for him to grab ds plate and go "Here buddy. Look what I made you." Our son who is usually sweet, well behaved and good natured has become violent, he screams for attention, throws tantrums at bedtime, throws things and always makes messes. I know dh putting in his two cents after everything I tell ds is why he's behaving this way but no matter what I say or how many times I talk to him and tell him how it makes me feel he brushes it off and blows me off saying he's just playing and our son (who doesn't talk yet) doesn't even understand what he's saying. Just because he doesn't know the words doesn't mean he doesn't understand what you're doing. He know's you're undermining me and then he thinks because daddy laughs at mommy he can laugh at mommy and not listen too. I'm at a loss. I've been crying since I put ds to bed (dh works nights) because I don't know what to do to fix this. I'm 18, dh is 22. Why do I always have to be the adult? I don't get to have fun with them anymore because I'm always yelling, disciplining, cleaning, cooking or trying to get schoolwork done. (online college courses) How do I get through to him? What can I do? I just really need some support here.

Advice and kind words are appreciated.
Thanks mamas :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Hunny, it sounds like the two of you rushed into this without really knowing each other and discussing child raising. It's very important for parents to be a team and be on the same page about things. It is also equally important that your ds sees his father treat his mother with respect. These things need to get under control now or things will just continue to get worse. I would be having a very serious talk with dh and let him know where you stand and what you won't stand for. GL!
    Anonymous

• I feel for you, you're young and have a lot going on, I'd like to say that life gets easier but it doesn't. As far as your hubby goes, you need to do some soul searching and decide if this is truely how you want to live the rest of your life, and how you want your son to grow up. Because chances are good, that he will turn out very much like your husband, since kids learn by example and very impressionable, expecially at a young age. If you've tried talking to him about it, and let him know how serious you are about how you feel, and he isn't responding or taking you seriously now, then chances are, he's not going to change. Maybe some time apart would do you good, and let him know how serious you are!! Or counsiling. Good luck!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I completely understand how you feel. You definitely need to have a heart to heart with him and let him know that how he treats you is how your kids will grow up treating you. They have to see daddy respect mommy and they will always show that too. Men are supposed to be the "head of the household" yet sometimes they can be so immature! Good luck!
    lola760

Answer by lola760 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• There is a much bigger issue you two need to address, figure out what it is and go from there.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 11:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• need to talk about things and cannot just avoid the situation it will NOT get any better by doing so.
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 1:44 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• sounds like your man needs to step it up. two year olds are KNOWN for being this way...im sorry you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. use your words and tell him to take you seriously and speak with a very civil tone
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2011