Baby carriers?

(the ones you can strap baby in against your chest).
i'm thinking of getting one for my 3 month old this summer, but know nothing really about them. (i didn't bother with one with my oldest). But now with two kids, i still want to be able to do some things with my 3 year old this summer that a two seater stroller won't be practical for.
like going to the beach to play in the sand(the beach isn't stroller accessible)

so.. any tips about choosing one? weight limits? prices? good brands? good and bad experiences? all that type of stuff lol.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 11:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The ones like Infantino and Baby Bjorn will only hold the baby til they're about 20lbs. I got the ERGO and it goes up to 40lbs. You buy an infant insert. I LOVE it! We used it when we went camping to hike since DS was still to small to go on his own (also helped me work out my glutes with the extra weight!)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Look for the ones that come in sizes (small, medium, large, etc.) I spent alot of money last summer on one of the "one size fits all" with a fancy round buckle that adjusts it and all this extra material I just didn't know what to do with! (looked so much nicer on the girl in the picture) Then I found one at Marshalls for like $25 bucks with no buckles to adjust, I am short and still had baby weight gain to lose so I got an XL and it was great. Wrapped right around my shoulder and she hung snuggled right on me. I think I wore her in it all day!( to do chores, to walk to the mailbox, when I did food shopping) It was worth it. I donated the other one. Good luck!
    lola760

Answer by lola760 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I've had several but ended up using the simplest one the most: it's just a length of cloth you use a bit like a sling for a broken arm, Just tie it up under baby's bottom and over one shoulder. It's easy to use, adjust for newborn up to toddler, and is very comfortable.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I recommend avoiding the ones with lots of confusing straps and buckles and and fancy ways of adjusting and wearing. Keep to simple designs.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• thanx vero.. i got a chunker lol, so thats why i wanted to know about weight limits so that sounds perfect :).
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i LOVE MY JEEP BABY CARRIER!!! about $40 and it's amazing! far better than any over priced baby bjorn. check you local babies r us! you WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• oh and weight limit is 25lbs
    lashes325

• lol lashes, sounds great.. but I think come summer time my baby will be close to breaking that 25lbs mark. like I said I have a chunker. lol. She's about 17-18lbs right now at 3.5 months old! lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2011