Should I leave my church?

My husband isnt happy at our church, he feels like people are treating him differently. I however dont see it and he feels that Im not supporting his feelings. My husband treats people at the church not so nice too, not justifying anything. So he wants to leave and wants me to support me. I dont think that I will be happy at any other church nor am I ready to leave. Should I go even if I wont be happy. I have changed a lot about my self since marrying. Such as dressing, friends, and etc. My husband studies body language and tone.

ylonda

Asked by ylonda at 6:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• We don't go to church, but I think if your husband is that uncomfortable there it's worth at least exploring other places to go.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 6:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• If your husband doesn't feel comfortable he should not go. After attending a sermon or reading scripture one should feel lighter not heavier. As for you, if you enjoy your church home you should continue to attend.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 6:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Ylonda, over the past few days you've put up a lot of posts that lead me to believe you need to ask the REAL question....are you better off with or without this guy? And your posts lead me to believe the answer is WITHOUT. Especially the paycheck issue.

But maybe I'm reading this wrong.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• If you are comfortable at your church,and you are getting fed,I don't think you should leave.I do beleive families should worship together,but in your case,I think your husband seems the one with the problem.Maybe he is just under conviction,alot of sermons ,has left me very uncomfortable,but that is when I know the message was meant for me lol. Good luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I know what you mean my hubby does the same thing about studying people . But you have to both be happy talk to him tell him you love that church and give it a few more weeks and see how it goes and if he still don't like it them maybe you should find another church to make both of you happy
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I would pray about it and ask God to give you direction.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• There is a great book by John Bevere called the Bait of Satan and it talks about the sin of offense. It opened my eyes to alot of scriptural truth about church and people. Church is not a cafe where you pick and chose. God puts us where He wants us. Just b/c things aren't being run the way we think they should doesn't give us just cause to leave. God may want him there to show him something that needs to be changed in his life. I also agree w/ goinginsane1 to pray about it. But if God doesn't give you peace and you aren't leaving with joy, then I don't believe that's what God wants for you. Maybe you and your hubby can read that book together and he will change his mind.
    T.C.38

Answer by T.C.38 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• It would be between you, God, and your hubby hun. I would pray about it. You and hubby pray together about it.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• You need to stay together as a family and worship together. Perhaps you and your husband can set aside some time to prayer together as a couple...reading the Bible together as a couple..seeking God's Will in this matter. Perhaps be diligent in doing this for a month. Then also as a wife go before the Throne of Grace asking God to work on your husband and open up opportunties in the church for him. Friendships...even reconciliations if needed between others and him.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Your suppose to focus on God at church, not people. There IS and WILL be a flaw in EVERY church he goes to.
    Anonymous