What does braxton hicks feel like?

Im 27 weeks pregnant and I know Im not in labor, but I keep getting sharp pressure pains that will fade and then come back and continue doing that for a decent ammount of time and my belly gets really hard where the pains are. I dont know if they are braxton hicks because sometimes the pain is only on my lower side or just on part of my stomach, and I dont know if they are supposed to hurt my whole stomach at once or anything. Anyone who can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 11:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i would also like to know this =]
    H0LLiiW0OD

Answer by H0LLiiW0OD at 11:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Me too, I never had them with my last pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect if they occur with this one... Here's a bump
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It can be tightening, it can be painful, and it can be anything in between. You may not always feel them. The lower belly pain may also be round ligament pain, which can be very normal. Those can be sharp, stabbing pains, which often come after you've been in the same position for awhile. You can try a warm bath or warm compresses to help relieve that pain. For Braxton Hicks, you can try a glass of water and lay down on your left side. It can happen if you exert yourself, and if you're dehydrated (your amniotic fluid levels go down, which leads to contractions). I hope this helps!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2011