Why do men "pull away"

You know what I mean...when you think you're getting somewhat close to a man and they pull away...why do they do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• He is either not that into you or is freaking out.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Fear of commitment. I am actually very much like a man this way, with friendships and relationships. As soon as I think people are getting too close or if they say the key phrase "oh I know you Heather" I immediately run. I fear people knowing me. Though I am happily married, I still get afraid at times.
    catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Because they do not feel for you the way you do for them. When you find the right guy he will not pull away.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 11:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I agree with catsmom. I want to be close, I want to be known intimately like that, but the second I think someone actually does, it terrifies me. It has caused so many problems in my relationship. I've actually just resolved tonight that come hell or high water, I'm going to get over this and quit pushing him away.

There is also that possibility that he's not into you, but figuring out if that's it would really depend on the context of the relationship. If you've been married 20 years and he's doing it, thinking he's not into you would be a bit extreme. But if he's a brand new guy, or relatively new, it could be.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• just be hard to get, its simple
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Fear of commitment.. if it's meant to be he will realize it once he pulls back for a little space. Women go through it sometimes too.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 3:09 AM on Mar. 22, 2011