Do I have an ovarian cyst? adult content

For 2 years, I was on birth control and then I got off of it. I have been off of it for about 5 months. For 3 out of the 5 months, I have gotten terrible cramps, constipation, bloating, and breast tenderness mid-cycle- probably ovulation time. My period has also changed from a 28 day cycle to a 27 day cycle. I know the one day change isnt a big deal, but ever since I got my period, my cycle has been right on 28 days. My period does NOT include cramping bloating, or any of the other symptoms. These symptoms actually start 14 days AFTER the first day of my period and are relieved when I start my period. Does anyone know what is going on?

youngmom20

Asked by youngmom20 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Health

• I have pretty much the same stuff going on right now. Took my last shot of Depo Provera in July. I'm irregular, like between 28-31 days, have cramps, sharp pains, and pressure in uterus/ovary area, and really heavy bleeding. And the pain gets worse when I start. I'm having an ultrasound done Thursday to check for cysts and fibroids. I'd make an appt. with your gynocologist asap just to be safe.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Thank you. I also forgot to add that I have gained weight since I've stopped using birth control also
    youngmom20

Comment by youngmom20 (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Well, I have an Ovarian Cyst.

But I got it from the birth control Mirena, & I don't get my period since being on the Mirena for 3 year.

The only symptom's I have is REALLLY bad aching on my left side around where my Ovary is & Sometimes I get a really bad sharp pain in that area. Idk what you might have, go to your OBGYN & ask them.
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 12:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• it might be cyst but i would go see ur OB
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Thanks. I did make an appointment. Hopefully we can get it figured out :)
    youngmom20

Comment by youngmom20 (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011