How to increase my breast milk.

I have a 10 month old that will only drink breastmilk and will not take any "solid" baby food. I need help with increasing her food habits, and increasing my breastmilk. I need more breastmilk, because I am trying to pump and it does not seem to want to let down and if it does I do not want to use it all up and not have anything for her to eat. While I am asking questions I do not believe in letting a child cry themselves to sleep, but my daughter has formed a habit of nursing to sleep. Anyway of breaking her from it? I need to so my husband will beable to put her to sleep when I find a job. Please help! Also, if you have any suggestions on how to introduce a bottle to her (she thinks it is a teething toy). I do not know how to get back to my question so if you can message me your answers or message me and tell me how to find my question that would be wonderful! Thanks.

hotty2u14

Asked by hotty2u14 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try nursing on one side and pumping on the other. It will help with let down. You are never truly empty, so if you pump and a little while later, your baby will still get milk. Nursing to sleep I can't help with. At 10 months, you might want to skip the bottle and try a sippy cup.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Drink lots and lots of water. Eat a bowl of oatmeal everyday. I friggin hate oatmeal but since I've been eating it my milk has increased SOOOO much.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• You have to pump a little each day if you want to have a supply for going out etc. I cant pump much (not like when he first popped out).

My son is a year and hes not interested in solids much either...this is entirely natural though.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I pump exclusively. It is hard, but you need to drink a ton of water, and I would suggest nursing on one side and pumping on the other. I would also skip the bottle altogether and go straight to a sippy. Remember that milk is a supply and demand thing. So the more you try the more you will get. Good luck!
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2008