Please help? I need advise asap. Bad pains in my belly.

Im 27 weeks pregnant and I know Im not in labor, but I keep getting sharp pressure pains that will fade and then come back and continue doing that for a decent ammount of time and my belly gets really hard where the pains are. I dont know if they are braxton hicks because sometimes the pain is only on my lower side or just on part of my stomach, and I dont know if they are supposed to hurt my whole stomach at once or anything. Anyone who can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 11:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How often are you having them?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It could be braxton hicks but if they are coming on a pattern, like every 5 or 10 minutes consistantly though, then you are in labor and need to call your doctor.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It's never consistently and they don't stay very long. The whole process has lasted no longer than fifteen minutes at the most and they come randomly on random days.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Drink a couple of glasses of water and lay on your left side. See if that helps, if not call your OB and explain to them what you are feeling. Could be braxton hicks, but I wouldn't want to chance it.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Drinking water, moving around, and warm baths all help to ease braxton hicks. I they are not consistant then that is what it prolly is. Sometimes UTI and yeast infections can cause stomach pain as well. So you might want to try and make an appointment with your ob, just to be safe.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 12:14 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Could also be round ligament pain, which is very normal. It would be located in your lower belly, going into your legs and/or labia. It is generally a pretty sharp pain, and some relief can come from a warm bath, warm compresses, and very gentle stretching.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:20 AM on Mar. 22, 2011