*he's been hurt... how do i show him i'm different?*

He's been single for a while and i kinda like him. I don't know him too well yet but my friends say he doesn't date (because he's been hurt not because he's a player). I've been hurt far worse than he could ever imagine so i've been there! How can i show him he can trust me and that i'm different?

P.S. we work together i'm a waitress and he's a bartender at a small town bar and grill

lashes325

Asked by lashes325 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Let him get to know you. Just be yourself. Its not about you proving your not like those other girls. Its about him being ready to maybe try to date again. But, he isn't going to really want anything to do with you if you think that what you have been through is worse. You have both been through alot, no worse, no better.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 12:11 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I believe what ChaoticSoul   says. Just be casual around him and be yourself. Maybe if you joke around a little and show him how comfortable you are around him, he will start to open up. Don't pressure him though, it may take some time. You said you have been hurt too, so you know what it's like to be burned and to be able to start trusting people again. I've been there too.

amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• think BIG PICTURE
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2011