I had 2 interviews with a company for 3 different positions.....

the interviewer informed the prospective employees they should receive a call by monday which was today. i did not get a call and i feel crushed.... i interviewed for 3 positions!!! i had the work experience, good educational background, etc.... sometimes i feel like its not what you know, but rather who you know..... i still have my part-time work as a tutor.... but i just want a job with benefits and where i can grow as an individual....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• I worked for the state and yes sadly it is who you know to get hired there.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 11:44 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Hang in there! As an HR Manager, sometimes it gets crazy busy and as much as we try to get back to candidates in the time frame we indicate, there are sometimes other things that happen that take priority. If you don't hear anything in the next day or so, call the company to follow up - this shows initiative, interest, and accountability. You never know, it could be a test! GL and take best of care.
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 12:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Did you send thank you notes to everyone you met with?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:42 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I definately think it's who you know... there is SO much competition for so few job openings. My hubby applied for a job and there were hundreds of appliants - Human Resources only pulled the 1st 300 and he didn't make the cut (he applied the 2nd day the job posted too) BUT then we remembered that a neighbor worked for the company - fortunately the neighbor put a word in to get his resume looked at - hubby was qualified for the position and he was interviewed, back ground checked, passed a physical and hired. I tell everyone to reach out to friends and family when searching for a job.
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 22, 2011