Is there anyway you can stop the emotional part of pregnancy?

i am 5 months and a week pregnant and i have been crying over dumb things like songs and movies ect. i was wondering if there is any way to stop the emotional part of it. i dont want to cry and be upset. im afraid it will hurt my baby.

keiths_girl22

Asked by keiths_girl22 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• just balance it out with happy things. i dont think there are things you can do to stop the hormones that cause you to be overly emotional.
    i have been that way since my pregnancy. right before my period and during my period, i cry about fricken everything now.
    it wont hurt your baby though. and if youre worried about it, just do things that make you happy. and talk to your doctor about it too
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• ok thanks. i am more emotional now that my fiance is out of town but he is coming back tomorrow so idk why it hit way hard when he left but i dont like crying about everything lol
    keiths_girl22

Comment by keiths_girl22 (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I promise it won't hurt your baby! All you can really do is some stress management techniques- yoga, meditation, walking, and just letting it out productively. It's okay to cry- most women are emotional while pregnant. Be careful about what movies you watch- I know I watched PS I Love You when I was pregnant, and I was BAWLING!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• yeah i have been listening to music and singing but then a sad song will come on and i cry even if i change it quickly. its bad. this is my first pregnancy and so im not sure what to expect. and i have barely told my mom like 3 weeks ago so its like all she is doing is telling me what i need to do before the baby arrives but it stresses me out because what she tells me. so i just tell her i know.
    keiths_girl22

Comment by keiths_girl22 (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Lol! I wish there was a way to stop it. I feel like a complete loony person half the time with as much as I cry and my emotions flying all over the place. I am going to try some of the advice from the previous posters, hopefully it will help :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Man, I go out of my way to set myself up to have a good cry when I need to. Just the other day I tortured myself by watching "Mask" so I could just let it out and get on with life. The thing to keep in mind is that these feelings are not based on anything real being wrong, so you won't go off the deep end trying to create a reason for feeling bad, that's how stupid arguments start!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I broke down sobbing in WalMart the other day because my digital pictures wouldn't transfer onto their machine after 40 minutes. So silly! If you find a way to master emotions in pregnancy, let ME KNOW!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I wish there was something to help with the emotions lol. I'm so emotional. Everything hurts my feeling or makes me cry.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 5:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2011