HOW LONG SHOULD A COUPLE BE IN A RELATIONSHIP BE4 MOVING IN WITH EACHOTHER ?

lena695

Asked by lena695 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I think at minimum 6mths. I feel anything before that is moving to fast. IMHO.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 12:09 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I am old fashioned. Doesn't matter how long the relationship, you shouldn't move in together until after you are married.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I dated him 4 years before we moved in together
    morenarfr05

Answer by morenarfr05 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If there are kids involved, I would wait until there's a ring on it. If you two break up then your kids not only lose a father figure, they lose their home...
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• a year
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm sorry but I believe you should be married
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 1:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i've been with my BF for over 2 years now, and i'm FAR from ready to move in with him. maybe in another 3 years or so.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 1:37 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• this is a great question!! i am not a believer in AFTER marriage only because how can you commit to someone that you don't even know what they are like to live with?? i want to know EVERYTHING about his habits and lifestyle before i make any commitment. my bf lives with me and its hard cuz hes messy, and i miss my space sometimes, but i loooove being able to hang out with him more. sooo.....it depends what you want...time shouldn't be what deciphers if you should move or not (atleast thats what i think)
    it should be based on: do u want to spend your life with this person, do you want a closer relationship (as opposed to having personal space) and do you think you are ready enough to handle hard times when shit hits the fan...if your answer to these 3 questions is yes, then you are probably ready.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:27 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• We were together 8 months when I moved in. It happened actually faster than we both thought it would(i have 2 teenagers still in high school and I never thought I'd be able to move with them settled in school and friends)..but it ended up happening and I am glad it did. I don't think specifying a time really matters, its how you feel inside and when you know, you know, just like when you fall in love.
    CopingMom33

Answer by CopingMom33 at 8:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2011