Can my baby take a bath/shower with me?

He's two weeks old. I'm dying to take a bath or shower with him. I've always thought that it looks cute and really bonding!! Is he old enough? His cord is off and everything so I don't have to worry about getting it wet. What do you think??

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 6:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I take a shower/bath with my daughter in the bath I would put her on my legs and just splash water up to her. Now she is 10 months and my husband and I don't have much room so we just put her in the shower with us so she is not running around the house and she plays with her toys in the bottom while we shower. My mother did that with all her kids and so did my grandmother. I don't think there is anything wrong with it... as long as you are okay with it. Just don't walk away or ever take your eyes off of them because they can roll and be in the water... yeah you get my point. Have a wonderful day! God bless!
    hotty2u14

Answer by hotty2u14 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• It's fine as long as you are careful. Lukewarm water. Wet babies are slippery. I found that my babies loved to nurse in the tub.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Yep, just be really really careful not to drop him as they get SUPER slippery when wet! I would wrap him in a small towel so he's easier to keep a hold of. It's so much easier to shower with babies, my dd is 2 and we still shower together!
    lilmissJ

Answer by lilmissJ at 6:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I see no reason not to! I used to take mine to the shower with me and then pass him off to the hubby to get them ready for bed. If your showering just be sure to sit not stand with him, they're slippery when wet it's not worth dropping him!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 6:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• If he's safe for bathing, sure! Just keep a good grip on him.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I've been bathing with my son since he was pretty little, though I'm not sure I would have at three weeks (it's hard to remember what he was like then!). He's three months now and pretty sturdy, so it works well. I pretty much just hold his head above water and he kicks and splashes and has a fabulous time. My husband washes him and then gets him ready for bath while I shower.

I'd say as long as you have someone to hand baby off to, go for it!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• yes, and it is a great time to bond with them. there is something so special about that. go start the bath and enjoy. :)
    Anonymous

• I would suggest the bath, unless your shower is very gentle. If it beats down too hard, it could hurt him.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• oh yes!!! I still take baths and showers with my DD. My husband did till she got older. And now hes not comfortable with it. Its so much fun. But yea a newborn is real slippery in the bath!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 6:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Yes...!!

I love having baths with my son although all he does he splash splash and splash non stop..he goes mental!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:27 PM on Nov. 25, 2008